Respiratory Disorders Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

help

we have just found out my brother has COPD it has taken months to tell us this and in that time he has gone down hill in the last 3 or 4 month he has been in and out of hospital 4 or 5 times the weight just dropped of him and now he has taken to his bed he sleeps all the time we know he needs oxygen but he still is not getting it the hospital say it's lack of oxygen to the brain and his oxygen level is low the last time he was in was about 3 weeks ago we could not get him to wake up they said the blood was not getting to the brain and he has low blood pressure most times you can,t have a conversation with him he is all mixed up,he has an appointment with the hospital this week about oxygen but there is know chance of him keeping it, the doctor said the were sending it the respiratory nurse but they don't know when,my brother is 6 foot tall and now weights less than 9 stone his legs and hands are black and blue if you touch him it hurts about 3 weeks ago he wake up and his right hand from the wrist down it all floppy like they is know bones in it but nobody it doing anything,my dad died 4 years ago he had emphysema he was 74 but my brother is 53 years old and i hardly recognize him,he is dieing the doctors said it could be months but they can't say exactly when ,we need oxygen now how can i get the respiratory nurse to hurry we need help and don't know where to turn can anybody give me advice