Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
hiatal hernia

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

hiatal hernia
Can a large hiatal hernia cause a person to have a cough?
Is there any danger in this condition?
What can I do to help relieve my conditon?
Yes, a large hiatal hernia can cause a person to have a cough.  And, yes, there is the danger that a large hernia could impinge upon one’s lung and interfere with respiration.  A large hernia is likely to be associated with acid reflux or regurgitation that could also be the cause of the cough.

The treatment of a large hernia is surgical repair.  In the meantime, if you are having acid reflux, your doctor might be able to reduce it with the use of medicine.

Yours is a treatable condition.

Good luck.
A related discussion, acid reflux was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker