Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
high attenuated collection seen in the right maxillary sinus

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Hi... i met with an road accident.. n  ct scan report showed that "a displaced fracture is seen in the lateral wall of right maxillay sinus...n high attenuated collection seen in the right maxillary sinus" n i am coughing blood( clot)  what should be the remedy??  is it danger??? or cause any problem...?????
  • confused (1 replies):
    Iwas at the doctors yesterday had a c-scan done was told...[more]
  • Fracture Sturnum (1 replies):
    Had a bi-lateral mastectomy in September,08 had problems...[more]
Maxillary sinus fracture is a dangerous injury.  The “high attenuated collection” refers to the appearance of blood (in the sinus) on a scan, the source of the blood you are coughing-up.  

You must have medical care for this injury, that could directly damage structures that are next to the sinuses, including your brain.  The treatment will include surgery to correct the fracture and prevent further bleeding and antibiotics, to prevent/treat infection.  Do not delay in getting medical care, from the physicians who ordered your CT Scan.  This is not something that will heal itself.

Good luck
Thank u very much Mr. David Tinkelman, M.D.,,,  but my doctor said that no need to worry n it will be alright with in months..n i was having giddiness,,so consulted Neuro Sargon,,n he proscribed me vertin 40 tablet..for 1 month,,, now  i am feeling ok now.. but am afraid if i stop taking the tablet.would it repeats??!!! plz.. suggest me,, thanks in advance..
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker