Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
how can we avoid pleurisy?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

how can we avoid pleurisy?

hello  
i have had pleurisy 4 times in 2 years is there something i can do or take to boost my immune system and avoid this recurring problem? I am relatively healthy, i do have fibromyalgia but try to take my vitamins and get my sleep.
Pleurisy is a type of pain that indicates inflammation of the pleura, which is the membrane that surrounds the lung and chest wall and covers the ribs and muscles of the chest.  There are many causes of pleural inflammation.  The first thing to be done is for your doctor(s) to determine the cause of your pleurisy and then it can be treated and/or prevented.

Pleurisy is not caused by fibromyalgia.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker