Respiratory Disorders Community
hyperinflation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hyperinflation

I was just told by the doctor viewing the Chest X ray that I have a problem called slight hyperinflation. I have never had Asthma, I do not smoke nor am I around anyone that smokes. I went to the doctor because I was tired all the time and I was having trouble getting a good breath. What other reasons would I have slight hyperinflation?
Related Discussions
980382_tn?1251485188
Just because you haver never had asthma, doesn't stop you from getting it.

Hyperinflation is the trapping of air in the lungs. Essentially you can't get out totally, what you have breathed in.

It is seen in COPD, (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and, especially, emphysema.

Whether or not it is also seen in other conditions, I don't know, but would have thought your doctor would have explained the reason, or if not, sent you for a Spirometry Test (a simple breathing test) and/or Pulmonary Function Tests.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...