Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
i cough when i laugh

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

i cough when i laugh

Its been for a while now. whenever i laugh i cough very badly. i had whooping cough for which i erythromycin for 14 days. now the cough is under control. but i start coughing badly when i laugh and feel dizzy after that. any cure.
Your throat may still be sensitive, from the whooping cough.  It can sometimes take up to 6 month for that sensitivity and cough caused by laughing to clear-up completely.Over time, you should experience gradual improvement.  If you don't, you should see your doctor and not wait 6 months.
I am totally in the same boat as you are! my sense of humor gets me in trouble ...i don't know if its cause i laugh to hard...but whenever i do if i keep laughing more than 30secs i cough so bad i need to gasp for air..   =-/
I had that same problem for many years and I was just recently diagnosed with a rare incurable lung disease. I have never smoked. So the next time you go to the doctor ask for a CT scan of your lungs. Normal people do not cough when they laugh.
hmmm well i noticed that's been happening to me now but then again i've gained a lot of weight after having my baby and i have failed to lose it. i've actually known of "normal" people who do that..and most of them are over weight..maybe that's it?i'm actually supposed to get a chest ct scan but i've been putting it off for a few wks since i've had like 3-4 mris and ct scans already. from time to time i feel a  very cold sensation inside my chest feels like theres a pool of ice. i guess i'll stop putting it off and get it huh. what disease is this? is it chronic but treatable?
A related discussion, cough when I laugh was started.
A related discussion, laughing and coughing was started.