Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
itchy throat with cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

itchy throat with cough
I have a itchy throat for about a week which causes me to cough alot.I thought it was allergies, but the medicine I purchased at the store doesn't seem to help.The coughing gets worse at night when I lay down to sleep.It is getting to where I only sleep a couple hours a night because the itching of my throat won't stop and that when the coughing gets worse too.I do sleep with a fan on,would that make it worse?I would appreciate any help or comments.
This does sound a lot like an allergic problem, although nonallergic situations can cause the same thing. Because you took an over the counter anti allergy medication and it did not work, does not rule out allergy. There are several prescription medications for these types of symptoms that might be the total answer to controlling the problem. I would recommend calling your doctor and discussing these symptoms.
As far as the fan, this always circulates more allergens. If you are allergic, this could be making the situation worse. Try a few nights without the fan and see if there is a difference.
A related discussion, cough was started.
A related discussion, coughing was started.
A related discussion, Throat itchning was started.
A related discussion, what treatment? was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker