koch's infection
it says in my xray result  follow up study shows no significant interval changes fibrocalcific densities seen in both upper lobes. then as an impression it says, FIBROTIC KOCH'S INFECTION BOTH UPPER LOBES. Im worried. pls help me explain this result. tyhnaks n GOd bless.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The fibrosis as it is in the apical portion of the lung, its likely to be due to tuberculosis. You could have had a tuberculous infections before. Tuberculosis heals by fibrosis and healed lesions do not need any therapy. So, if you not have symptoms of fever, cough, loss of weight or loss of appetite, its unlikely that you are having active tuberculosis now. This is correlated with blood tests, which will show a raised ESR and increased lymphocyte count, if it is an active infection. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.