Respiratory Disorders Community
large liver color clots from nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

large liver color clots from nose

After over 5 yr's of constant mucus brought on after a bad sinus infection, its like dejavu I'm trying to get rid of another sinus infec.  Recently I caught a very bad "cold" or bacterial or viral infec. I have been on antibiotics and I have gotten some changes in the amount of Green and discolored mucus. I just can't shake this it is confusing for me since the antibiotic's do help while I'm on them, but when stopped it comes back full force.  In the last month Ive been on cipro which was rx'd for a uti which I had no symtoms (symptoms) yet my urine was loaded with wbc's.  AS soon as I stopped the cipro course the green started and I became very ill with low grade to moderately high fever.  It was New years day and I was horribly sick.  I got ahold of my Dr. and he aske a lot of questions and we together thought that the cipro most likely covered the infection and then went nuts when I was off it.  He then put me on a Avelox for 10 days. During the Avelox course of treatment, I was coughing very hard over the sink in the bathroom and from my right nostril a huge liver looking clot came flying out and splashed all over the place my shirt was covered.  It shocked me but then another of the same came out.   I had a ct of sinuses the day before and I was very blocked .  Next day along with green , came a strange orangey /yellow mucus came out constant for a day , then green again.  During this I had low grade fever to moderate and felt horrible.  Back to Dr. office and still had green , and swollen nasal  lining etc. Then a 6 day Zpack.  Still having same symptoms but the green got a little less with each antibiotic.  On the 18th of january bacterium for 10 days.  Tomorrow is the last day and the green is much better but is still there.  Overall I feel better and fever is gone.  I'm terrified that as soon as I finish, the whole thing will come back.

What could have caused those huge old blood clots and all that bright yellow mucus?   My Dr. thinks the infection must very deep in the nose and I still am producing excessive mucus thats white but hunks of green still literally just appea in my mouth.  I don't know if coming from  sinuse which is more likely or lungs since my asthma is not controlled well dealing with all that mucus everyday.

Any thoughts on what is actually going on here?  Bacterial?  viral?
P.S.  I'm also using Nasonex and I believe it is helping.  I have been on flonase for the last 5yr's since this all started and it never helped.  What is the difference between Flonase and Nasonex?
Dude!  If you're still alive, I would check out what food grade, 35% hydrogen peroxide can do for you.   May be the miracle you're looking for!