Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
light-headedness

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

light-headedness

For the past month I've been experiencing tingling in my left leg.  I've had blood work done and all my test came back normal.  In the last three days or so, I've been light-headed.  It occurs whenever I stand up so I sit or lay down because I feel like I'll pass out.  I am a stressed out person and I do have a history of anxiety.  What could the problem be?
It is possible to hyperventilate when you are feeling stressed out and anxious.  Hyperventilating can cause you to feel lightheaded.  If your lightheadedness is due to hyperventilation, breathing into a paper bag to re-breathe the carbon dioxide that you are exhaling will help.  Diaphragmatic breathing is a technique that will help you to take deep breaths more slowly.  This will help with the lightheadedness if it is due to hyperventilation.  Here are the instructions:
I am a 30 y.o male with the same symtoms (symptoms) of lite-headed feeling for the past 9 dayswith a tight feeling in the chest area. It will be interestinf to learn what comments you get from the Dr. that responds to this post.

G.M.
during the course of anxiety, do you feel the chest pressure being constant (24 hours a day) or episodic? does it get worse when you exert yourselves or lie down? do you get palpitation together with it? do you get breathing difficulty ( difficult to breathe in air-- ie difficult to expand chest)?
The light headed feeling is consistant lasting just about all day less. It does not matter if I sitting, standing or laying down. There seem to be a feeling of restriction on breething in deep long breaths of air (like half my normal breath).

I saw the Doctor on Friday who said that everything seems to be OK except that my blood preasure inconsistant. I should be getting the results on the blood work by Tuesday. Thing is I still have the symptoms.

All the best to you.
Thanks bahama-boy

I saw my doctor a week ago and I found out that I have allergy asthma.  This is asthma that occurs when you're allergic to something.  I haven't really been stressed out this pass week and the light-headedness went away.  I'm assuming it had something to do with my anxiety attacks.
I am 29 yaers old and experience the same symptoms, however I get very sharp and fast head rushes. I have had blood work and my heart checked out and they were said to be fine. I was also given Xanex for anxiety to help. That did not work. I just was more relaxed during attacks, yet they continued anyhow. I want to know if it could be a lung disorder? Ever heard of anything like that?