Respiratory Disorders Community
linear fibrosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

linear fibrosis

gud day. i am a nurse. had my annual physical exam, had my chest xray and found out that its impression is LINEAR FIBROSIS IN LEFT PERIHILAR REGION OTHERWISE NORMAL. the physician prescribed clarithromycin 500mg twice a day for 1 week. and salbutamol + guaifenessin cap 3x a day for 1 week.

i am worried about this result. i planned to have the xray plate re-read by another radiologist for 2nd opinion and or have my repeat my chest xray before starting the regimen for the said initial result.

pls help me. thank u for ur big help. Gobless!
Tags: fibrosis, linear, parahilar
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
683231_tn?1392746464
Hi
Is your fibrosis in your liver? This community is related to hepatitis c and liver concerns. Could you provide a little more information?

Best of luck to you
Lynn
Blank
683231_tn?1392746464
Hi again
I just did a quick look on the web it looks like your concern is lung related you could try this group and post your question there
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Respiratory-Disorders/show/61

Lynn
Blank
Hi, fibrosis usually indicates healed lesions. This can be due to an old chest infection. Your doctor may have prescribed medications to treat any persisting infections now. They can also be seen in systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis and scleroderma. So, if the fibrosis persists, based on your presenting symptoms, your doctor will work up to determine the cause. If you do not have any symptoms, then you do not need any further work up. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance. Regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...