Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
localized chest pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

localized chest pain

I had a bad cough three months ago, then a CT scan that showed something. Follow-up CT scan showed that whatever it was had decreased in size. I am to have another CT follow-up in a few weeks (three months after initial one). The cough has gone away, but now I am worried about a localized pain in my chest. It is on the right side, fairly high and corresponds in area to a spot on my back that is always knotted. The CT scan said the area of conern was on the left side. But I am continuing to worry about lung cancer with this moderate localized pain.
The clearing of your cough and the CT scan showing a decrease in size suggests that this is not lung cancer.  The localized pain on the right side of your chest is probably related to muscle tension.
Should mention; I am 60, non-smoker, overweight but in good health otherwise. No lung cancer in family.