Respiratory Disorders Community
low lung volumes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

low lung volumes

I am a 47 year old female who had been investigated several times for pulmonary hypertension as I have an elevated pressure on echo(51). right heart catheterization is normal though. I remain quite short of breath on exertion and have a chronic cough. On my last pft's the only abnormality was a low residual volume of 1.09 which was 69% predicted. The report said this could be explained by normal age decline. I googled it and all I found was that the lung volumes should increase with age! All my lung volume measurements were lower than a year ago. Anyone know anything about this?