Respiratory Disorders Community
lung hematoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

lung hematoma

About 2 months ago I took a boxing class at the gym and I thought I pulled a musle in my chest.  I just recently went for an x-ray and they found a mass on my right lung.  I also had a ct-scan a couple of days ago and I was diagnosed with a lung hematoma which I found out is a bruise.  I have to go see a specialist soon because my doctor is concerned that it is still there after 2 months and that there is no change in its size.  I have trouble breathing sometimes and there is a constant dull ache in my chest.
Has anyone had this? Whats the next step if the bruse doesn't go away?
If anyone has any answers I will greatly appreciate them  Thanks!
-8 Comments Post a Comment
Please be careful!  I was at work this last Tuesday, and I began to clear my throat as I felt I had mucus that wouldn't go away.  I went into the bathroom and spit out a mouthful of blood.  Before I could even take a breath, my right lung was filling with blood quicker than I could spit it out.  I was choking on my own blood.  I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital, where the same thing happened again.  I was diagnosed with a hematoma on the lung.  I am home now and on an antibiotic.  What a frightening experience!  I hope you feel better but please be careful.