Respiratory Disorders Community
lung issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

lung issue

Had a lung ct stated I had 2 nodulars 1mm in right lung.  One month later had a body scan, for preventive measures.  is stated Ill-defined opacities within the righter lower and left upper lobes, and mild atelectatasis and/or scarring is noted at the lung bases.  It also stated followup is recommended to ensure stability or resolution,  What does that mean? I orginially had the ct scan because 1 had pnuemonia (pneumonia).
The Pet scan in not at all sensitive in detecting such small nodules.
It is indicated if the size of nodules is at least 8mm.
The follow up of your nodules depends on whether your history is suspicious for these nodules for example if you are current or ex smoker, occupation, etc.
Thank you, but what are opacities and should I be concerned, I do have shortness of breath especially going up the stairs.  Also if I take a deep breath  I have pain on my left side of my ribs and I have occasional upper back pain.