Respiratory Disorders Community
lung nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

lung nodules

I am a 44 year old female smoke free for 10 years and smoked off and on for about 10 years prior to quiting. In August of 2008 it was accidentally discovered that I had 2 small lung nodules less than 5mm each. A follow up CT scan 6 months later showed that the nodules were unchanged but did find one more nodule due to the fact that the first CT was pelvis and abdomen and the second included the chest. I saw the doctor yesterday and she has ordered a follow up CT for today but is going on vacation so I won't get results for 2 weeks. I am absolutely terrified and sickened with worry. I have no symptoms. I feel great and exercise daily without problems.Everything I read seems to add to my worrying. What do you think the chances are that this could be cancer.