Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
lung nodules

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

lung nodules
Hi. New here. I have recently had a ct scan which showed a 4mm and a 5 mm nodule, one in each lung. I have to go for another scan in 4 months and Im terrified its cancer. I am 42 and a smoker. Is it worse that it is one in each lung? Is it more risk of cancer? What else could it be? Any comments/advice welcome.
The vast majority of small nodules in the lung are noncancerous.  That is why the physicians where you are have asked you to repeat the scan in 4 months and not do anything now.  Nodules can be from many different things most commonly previous infections.  Many people in certain locations are more likely to develop these than others.    On the repeat scan they will compare the size of the nodules, as well as their shape.  If there is no change, they may not do anything further or they might ask you to come back in a year.  If the nodule has changed in size or appearance, they will ask for addition procedures at that time.
Thanks for reply. Is it not worse if its in both lungs?
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker