Respiratory Disorders Community
lung nodules
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lung nodules

Hi. I have just had a ct that found a 4mm and 5mm nodule, one in each lung. I have to go for another scan in 4 months and Im terrified. Im 42 and a smoker. Im scared it will be LC and I dont know how to get through the next 4 months. Does anyone have any comments or advice?
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
It is easy to say don't worry when the outcome is uncertain. But try to remember that not all nodules are cancerous, and that that is true for smokers, as well as for non-smokers. My brother had a spot on his lung that was an old tubercular lesion, although no one ever remembered him having tuberculous. I wish you good luck on the outcome.
Blank
Thanks. Im more worried that its mets from somewhere else now. Have done the 'ask a doctor ' but no reply
Blank
Hi,

What were your symptoms leading to the chest ct?  

I had enlarged lymph nodes in my chest, along with a nodule in each lung.  I had a biopsy done two months later, and have a diagnosis of sarcoidosis.  

I too was scared of LC, as I am a smoker.  But biopsy revealed no sign of cancer.  
Blank
Hi. I had rib pain which stopped before scan date but I still had it done. I have no symptoms of any cancer now but I am still worried.
Blank
Hi Andrea ... My name is Judith and I was just thinking about you and wondering how you made out with your CT scan.  Hope all is well.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...