Respiratory Disorders Community
lung nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

lung nodules

Hi. I have just had a ct that found a 4mm and 5mm nodule, one in each lung. I have to go for another scan in 4 months and Im terrified. Im 42 and a smoker. Im scared it will be LC and I dont know how to get through the next 4 months. Does anyone have any comments or advice?
It is easy to say don't worry when the outcome is uncertain. But try to remember that not all nodules are cancerous, and that that is true for smokers, as well as for non-smokers. My brother had a spot on his lung that was an old tubercular lesion, although no one ever remembered him having tuberculous. I wish you good luck on the outcome.
Thanks. Im more worried that its mets from somewhere else now. Have done the 'ask a doctor ' but no reply

What were your symptoms leading to the chest ct?  

I had enlarged lymph nodes in my chest, along with a nodule in each lung.  I had a biopsy done two months later, and have a diagnosis of sarcoidosis.  

I too was scared of LC, as I am a smoker.  But biopsy revealed no sign of cancer.  
Hi. I had rib pain which stopped before scan date but I still had it done. I have no symptoms of any cancer now but I am still worried.
Hi Andrea ... My name is Judith and I was just thinking about you and wondering how you made out with your CT scan.  Hope all is well.