lung nodules
I am 32, was a smoker for 21 years, extensive family history of cancer( mostly kidney and lung)and a CT discovered two nodules one on the left at 5mm that is new and one on the right that has grown to 8mm. Any thoughts on probability of it being cancer? The pulmonologist can't see me until May 29.
You may find some useful information here:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Lung-Nodules/show/1055851?personal_page_id=873092

My recollection of the more recent replies on the above thread is that lung nodules are usually not cancerous.... but they can be.  It is a good thing you are seeing a specialist to get your condition evaluated.

I believe a biopsy has to be done to determine if the nodule is cancerous or not... my wife had a biopsy done with a long needle - was a "out patient" procedure.  I don't recall her having problems following the biopsy procedure.

Whay so much delay seeing a Pulmonary specialist?  I had to see one as a follow up on a low blood oxygen condition was detected in me.  I took only a few days to get in to see a Pulmonary doctor, and that included a day to get x-ray work done.  Are you in the USA?
Thank you. As for the pulmonologist delay,I wish I knew. I live in Michigan so you think I would be able to find someone to see in a better timeframe but nope.