lung not working
I was diagnosed with a supposed blood clot on my lung.  Doctor wasn't 100% on the matter.  Took Wafarin for 3months.  It has been 8 months now and my breathing problem hasn't let up.  I cannot lie on my side as it makes my lungs feel as if my right lung has no air flow at all and makes breathing impossible.  It also feels as if I have a swollen throat on my right side and constant pain and tingling in my right shoulder blade and a pain a little bit down from the the centre of my rib cage .  Am I am unable to walk without being absolutely out of breath and also sound like I have a permanent cold.  I have had an xray and ct scan and apparently there is nothing wrong.  The doctor says there is nothing he can do for me and has dimissed me.  I feel that something is seriously wrong, are there other tests to determine the cause of the problem. If there is advice I would greatly appreciate it.  I have to young children and really need to be able to function normally again.   Could there be something on the outside of the lung causing this?
If the lungs have checked out then maybe the doctor should look into cardiac issues. Often heart problems will cause shortness of breath, pain etc...I am not a doctor, so please take what I say for what it is.
Has the doctor done lung function tests on you? If he hasn't then that would be a good idea. Conditions such as asthma don't show up on xrays or CT scans much of the time. Also, lung function tests are invaluable as far as diagnosing asthma as well as other conditions, even respiratory muscle weakness shows up on that test.
If he has and that has come back normal then perhaps an echocardiogram might be a good idea to check the function of your heart. From there, he might do more testing or continue to scratch his head.
I really hope you get answers, I have been in your shoes and it sometimes takes quite a bit of aggression on your part to get anywhere with doctors. But, it is your body...you know when something isn't right.
Good luck
Jenn