lung pain after running
Sometimes after I run my lungs hurt when I exhale...even for days later it hurts to exhale, which makes cardio hard after running days...what causes this and is it preventable?
I'm wondering if this may be a manifestation of asthma. I had experienced something similar to this as well, a burning-type sensation that varied in intensity. I don't run but this would come on occasionally, but not all the time, if I exerted myself on my treadmill or shoveling, etc. I especially noticed it in the winter (dryer air?).I had seen my GP a number of times for this and he didn't had a good explanation (pleurisy, costocondritis). I have had an EKG and stress test to rule out cardio problems. I do have asthma but shortness of breath doesn't normally exhibit at the same time. I have also tried my albuterol when the burning happens but it didn't seem to make a difference all the time. Plus my peak flows seemed to be in the normal range. I finally when to a pulmonologist who put me on Advair; I was taking Flovent. For the past 3 months, I have not experienced this type of lung pain after exertion, although I still have some lung discomfort (again with no apparent decrease in lung function) that just comes and goes.