Aa
A
A
Close
lung pain after running
Sometimes after I run my lungs hurt when I exhale...even for days later it hurts to exhale, which makes cardio hard after running days...what causes this and is it preventable?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I'm wondering if this may be a manifestation of asthma. I had experienced something similar to this as well, a burning-type sensation that varied in intensity. I don't run but this would come on occasionally, but not all the time, if I exerted myself on my treadmill or shoveling, etc. I especially noticed it in the winter (dryer air?).I had seen my GP a number of times for this and he didn't had a good explanation (pleurisy, costocondritis). I have had an EKG and stress test to rule out cardio problems. I do have asthma but shortness of breath doesn't normally exhibit at the same time. I have also tried my albuterol when the burning happens but it didn't seem to make a difference all the time. Plus my peak flows seemed to be in the normal range. I finally when to a pulmonologist who put me on Advair; I was taking Flovent. For the past 3 months, I have not experienced this type of lung pain after exertion, although I still have some lung discomfort (again with no apparent decrease in lung function) that just comes and goes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank