mild pulmonary hyperexpansion
Does anyone know anything about this condition?  I've searched and searched and come up with very little information.  My doctor told me that it means my a portion of my lungs have expanded.  I found out that I can inhale fine but the problem comes when I try to exhale...I'm a smoker...  The other thing I read is that my condition means that some of the avioli in my lungs have died.  Thanks for any input.
I am betting that you have what is called air trapping....On the xray, the lungs look hyperinflated....You are right, the problem isn't with getting air in, but with exhaling. What else has the doctor told you or has he or she run any tests such as PFT's (pulmonary function tests)? If he hasn't, then maybe that would be a good idea...it would give you and the doc an idea as to how severe your lung disease is if there is any. What helps with the sensation of not being able to breathe out fully is pursed lip breathing....Here's a link that I provided for another question  http://www.cchs.net/health/health-info/docs/2400/2408.asp?index=9443
What I would do when you go back to the doc is to ask exactly what all of this means, what does he or she plan to do about it, what tests, what treatments...etc. Write all of them down...I find that I always tend to forget to remember crucial questions after I leave. Remember, I am not a doctor that is why it is so important to discuss all of these findings with him. I hope that you find answers...Sunny