Respiratory Disorders Community
mold exposure cause for chronic cold induced bronchitus(bronchitis)?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

hello. our 9 yr. old son went to a Headstart preschool for 2 years when he was 4 and 5 yrs. old.  They closed the school the year he left due to mold in the heating ducts and crawl space of the building.  He has chronic coughs that come on suddenly when the weather is 0 degrees or colder and/or when the temperature drops drastically and quickly (ie. 60 degrees in the am and then down to 10 degrees in the afternoon) . The coughs are instantly bronchitus (bronchitis) and the frequency of his coughing is approx. every 5-7 seconds and the duration of the cough is sometimes up to 2 months. What do we do to help him?  Is this a lung disease caused by his long term exposure to mold? What is it called?  Where do we go to get info. and help for him?
Thank you for your answer.
Tags: mold
I am in my 60's now, and about 6 years ago was exposed to mold, which I have been allergic to.  After that I get COLD INDUCED Bronchitis.  Now I cannot breath cold air for more that a minute and I can Cough or get so short of breath I must use breathing medications to open the constricted.  If severe cold I start the wheezing.

So Now I must watch every where I go, stay inside even in California where I live. 50 to 40 degree weather or a cold room can start the problems.  I have taken to wearing a mask or heavy scarf around my face if I want to step outside to even get the car in the late evening.

I have not found any cure.