Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
mucous/wheezing

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

mucous/wheezing
for the past 2 mo i have had alot of post nasal drip especially in the morning....i do have allergy induced asthma but its sporadic and mild(environmental allergies)....for the past few months, i have mucous in my chest but it seems to be more up in my tracheal area right near the indent between the clavicles....if i breathe deeply and exhale normally, i can't hear a wheeze or feel it ....it mostly is when i make myself cough or the mucous moves and i cough ...coughing makes it sound wheezy but not really in my lungs just upper area...albuterol really doesnt seem to help.....i've been taking flovent 110 ...2puffs once a day for the past 2 weeks....why doesnt the albuterol help...is it more a tracheal irritation(it doesnt hurt to cough) from my post nasal drip?  does it need to be treated with something else?  i'm not short of breathe or anything just wondering?  thank you for your time......
Albuterol is a bronchodilator.  This relaxes smooth muscle tightness.  If your cough is due to mucus rather than tightness, then the albuterol will not help.  An inhaled steroid like the Flovent
the only other thing i can think of is i was painting in my house alot back then and i was wondering if its a reaction to the fumes?  how long does it take to go away?
one other thing is i started lipitor at the end of aug beginning of sept.....i just read the side effects and it stated sinusitis and bronchitis....could this be a result from this med?
A related discussion, nasal drip and upper wheezing was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker