Respiratory Disorders Community
mucous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

mucous

at least 4-5 times a year i come cown with bronchial problems....i feel as if i am drowing in mucous, constant cough (day and night)... mainly to pop the mucous out of the bronchial tubes and esophagus feels as though someone stuck a wire brush in it. doctors usually put me on antibiotics and predesoine. i also take Prilosec. any suggestion since i am tired of being sick for about 6 months out of the year.
thank you
Hi i would have your mucus tested next time this happens, its simple just spit it in a bottle and let the GP send it off to find out, which if bacteria is causing this , just so you get the proper treatment for your problem.
Sounds like you have had a lot of antibiotics, over time which can become resistant , and the symptoms dont go away.
Have you had a chest x- ray? with the persistant problems you are experiencing.
Make sure you take a good pro-biotic with the antibiotics, just to protect the gut also.
Hope this helps.
Nicola
I have been having the same prob for two years , I was prescribed antibiotics every time it fared up ,they took tests of the sputum which showed a staph inf., which has gone from 3months apart to four weeks .recently i was sent for a camera up into the nostril and then down into the lungs . resuts where nothing major just your run of the mill infection . but they did notice one of my sinusis was blocked and infected , which could pos be why im getting all this mucus and really bad headahes . Im waiting to get app at th ENT . I was suprised as i had no bother with my sinuses. If it keeps happening i would push to get it investigated , as it makes life pretty uncomfortable.
I would really push to go and see the ENT guy, even though i saw a ENT specialist and he was as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
When you see the ENT guy explain this has been consistant for 2 years, and is getting you down, be persistant,
But some medical conditions can cause extra mucus, so after two years , you need to be pushing for some answers, or some alternatives to the cause of these nasty infections, with added mucus.
If you need anymore help just let me know.
I wih you the best, and go and see your GP for a referral to a good specialist
Nicola
Yes im getting fed up this condition has gone on too long and still no answers !I have just recieved an appointment for the 1st june for the ENT specialist .It started with an infection but they also found a B12 def and low white cells , but dont seem too concerned as not too low , id just like to know whats causing it all .Lets hope this app will throw some light on it all . Thank you for letting me have a good old rant!!!! Will let you know the outcome .x