Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
multiple lung nodules

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

multiple lung nodules

I have two nodules, 4 and 5 mm, one in each lung. Im 42 and a smoker. I know the majority of small nodules are ok but is it worse to have 2. Could it be mets from elsewhere?  I have a rescan in 4 months. Im terrified.
First off, these are very small nodules and, as you note, the great majority of nodules this size are benign. You should really not be terrified (although you may have no choice.)You ask could these nodules be metastatic from another part of your body?  The answer is yes but still, at your age and without anything to suggest the existence of a primary tumor, quite unlikely.  You may just have to live with some uncertainty and I can only imagine how tough that may be.  But, in the meantime you might try to locate any previous chest X-rays for comparison with the most recent ones.  The demonstration of these nodules two years or more ago would almost guaranty that they are benign.

It would only be worse to have two lesions (one in each lung) if the nodules were proven to be malignant.  Once again, the odds are in your favor.

Good luck
Please answer. Going out of my mind
I know I posted already but I didn't get an answer about mets possibility. This is my main concern so please can someone get back to me? Thanks
I Googled bilateral nodules and it indicated that theres a high risk they are mets. Is this inaccurate?