Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
myathenia gravis and diaphram muscles

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

myathenia gravis and diaphram muscles
can you tell me if there are mild forms of myathenia that could cause stiff feeling in the cranial muscles, double vision, and some constriction of the upper chest breathing muscles, without ptosis or limb weakness?   would a plain chest xray show a thymus tumor?  would a standard chest CT scan the thymus?   could i have slight thymus inflamation causing myathenia like symptoms??      I know its a neurological problem but it can effect the breathing muscle too so i have read?
Myasthenia gravis is a neurologic problem in which you can have some of the symptoms you note while not having others.  A neurologist is the type of doctor who is most familiar with this problem.  If the thymus is markedly enlarged, it can be seen on a chest x-ray, but a chest CT scan provides a much better view.  However you can have myasthenia gravis without having an enlarged thymus.  There can be breathing difficulties and weakness of the breathing muscles with myasthenia gravis.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker