nighttime low oxygen level
I am on nighttime oxygen set at 3.  However, I am waking during the night with a headache.  Is that a sign that the oxygen level is still too low?

This discussion is related to low oxygen while sleeping.
I would tell your doctor that you are getting these headaches...it could mean a few things. One thing that comes to mind is CO2 retention...I know this one personally as I had problems with my CO2 levels. Elevated levels cause headaches. Your doc may want to check your blood gases to see if that is the case.
I hope this helps...Sunny
Hello

I have a 16 yr old who who had phnemonia.  He is doing great  taken off oxy during the day at night they had to put him back on oxygen. Levels when low again.  He is a Asthma patient also.  His lungs sound ok. they say. they are trying to open up his lungs still from the Phneomnia. What could this be and will he have to have oxy at home at night?
I am on Oxygen set at 3 also. The sleep Dr. said it was b/c of my weight. Which I believe is just a copout.  He doesn't have a clue what is truly causing my Oxygen levels to drop when I sleep. Otherwise I stay around 99/98 during waking hours.
When they first put me on Oxygen, I started waking up with severe headaches. They eventually got so bad that I quit using the Oxygen all together.  But, my friend who's a home health aid told me I needed water w/ my Oxygen. She said I wouldn't have any headaches if I had the water w/ it.  Turns out, she was correct. I've been using it again along w/ the water and haven't awakened once w/ a headache since the addition of the water!
The record indicates Simoncat hasn't had any activity on this community since his post above.  So I doubt he well read you success story. It may be worth making a new post with a subject like "Using water with supplemental oxygen" or something more inviting.

I also see you made reference to a "sleep doctor", is that a medical specialty?  If so please share with me the name of that field.  I simply don't know and as I plan to discuss this with my primary care doctor on my next physical, it would be nice if I know the name of that field of medicine.
I get these sleep headaches and had 73% O2 on a sleep study.  is it serious?  I had bad fog and felt better on klonopin a benza.  
I'm afraid to do anything because I couldn't read/remember a sentence with sleep apnea
I've read that people who lose oxygen for 3-5 mintues go into coma or become brain dead so is 10 seconds bad?
Best to ask the sleep study doctor.

I recall a thread, I think on this Community but could have been on sleep disorder that discussed measuring O2 - it may have had something useful to your question.

In my understanding, very limited understanding, O2 levels should be in the high 90% saturation range, so I'd conclude 73% indicates a problem.  Do you require supplemental oxygen at any time during the day?  What is you oxygen sat level when awake, that is just sitting down to measure after walking or standing?
I am tired all the time