Respiratory Disorders Community
nodular opacity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

nodular opacity

nodular opacity could be Tuberculous in etiology?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Lung nodules can occur due to local causes like recurrent lung infections and sometimes due to cancer of the lungs. They can be due to tuberculosis. They can also be seen in systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis and scleroderma. Further evaluation will be based on whether the nodule is changing in size and systemic symptoms. A PET scan and biopsy may help in evaluation. A biopsy facilitates a histologic study of cells, which gives you a definite diagnosis. So once you have the diagnosis you will know what measures or precautious you need to follow.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you very much Madam, can i ask you? last oct 10 2011 i have chest X-ray was found a nodular opacity on my right upper lung perihilar region  with central lucency and Bilateral pleurodiaphragmatic tentings I don't know what it means.. but I'm non smoker and drinker it almost 6mon ryt?.. i have no symptom of PTB but I search it it could be clinical silent or asymptomatic ahm...i hope you could help me I'm afraid now to have a chest X-ray again any suggestion to confirm that i has a Ptb I'm still monitor my health I don't any feel like a has a PTB....

thank you so much and God blessed
Madam
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the opacity is due to tuberculosis, you could have other symptoms like evening rise of temperature and increased sweating. This also causes a loss of appetite; as such this is accompanied by weight loss. Also blood tests may show an increased ESR and lymphocytes. There could be positive mantoux test. Sometimes the opacities could be due to occupational lung disorders or Sarcoidosis. So, don't worry and discuss these options with your doctor. Take care

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you very much Madam, I have no symptoms yet but I will go to the doctor for check up and monitor my health also to take a blood test for better I hope this is not a PTB...

Thank you  very much and God blessed
Madam
may i know about Nodular opacity?is it dangerous?can we get any better treatment?