nodule vs lobe
My Dad has been getting chemo and radiation for cancerous nodules. He was given an all clear but suddenly we are being told he has had it in his lobe all this time also and needs to be on chemo pills. Unfortunately the chemo pills make him incredibly sick so he is not gonna take them any more.

My question is what is the difference between cancer in a nodule and cancer in a lobe? And why can he not get radiation for the cancer in the lobe?  

Thanks for any and all help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand what you are going through. The lungs are anatomically divided into lobes. The right lung has 3 lobes: Right upper lobe, middle and lower lobe. The left lung has 2 lobes: upper and lower lobes. A lung nodule is defined as a “spot” on the lung, by imaging studies. This is an abnormal finding and it can occur due to cancerous or non cancerous causes. And this nodule is located in the lobe. Therapy for a cancerous nodule, will depend on the type of cancer and its location. So, it could be that the diagnosed cancer is more susceptible to chemotherapy. Please discuss in detail with your doctor and clarify all your doubts.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.