nodules in lung
I had a CT scan in March which noted there was a nodule in my left lower lobe of my lung. I had another CT scan in September which said it was still there. I have been having trouble w/ shortness of breath. They did some breathing tests, but all came out ok. No asthma.  I asked my doctor the other day what was up with the nodule. No one had told me it was there. I got a copy of the scan and found it. I said to him "Could that be why I had been short of breath?" His reply was "It could".
Very hesitant to do a chest CT scan. However, I am scheduled for one this Monday(10/8/07). I am not a smoker, but grew up in passive smoke and my mom died of lung cancer. Anyone else ever had problems w/ nodules? What was the diagnosis??
I am going throught this right now. I believe that the size and appearence of the nodule is a good indication of what it may be. Also any changes from previous CT scan would posssibly indicate a malignancy. (growth or change in size) I have a post on this forum that describes my problems. I have not yet received a diagnosis. Apparently there can be many causes of nodules on the lungs. The best thing that you can do is to try to get some more detailed answers from your Dr. It seems that health care is going down the drain these days. Trying to get a definitive answer is like pulling teeth!!!!!!
I am actually going for a Cat Scan in 2 hours for so called Calcified Plaque? (couple of spots on Lungs)...Really don't know what to expect but ready to get on with life. My Doctor is suppose to be one of the best in North Carolina on Lungs and Pulminary stuff. I quit smoking 2 months ago and just went for a routine physical a month ago...My family Doctor was just taking a routine chest x-ray for my physical and when I watched him reading the x-rays and scatchinmg his head I figured something is up...I worked in a Manufacturing environment for almost 25 Years and Doc thinks metal debris got into lungs and scared up to create nodules. Will let you know results of cat scan....Chow
I just heard from my doctor. I have a total of 3 nodules. 2 in one lung and 1 in the other. He is referring me to a pulmonary doctor. He said they would probably want to follow them every 4-6 months. I looked up on the web about nodules and shortness of breath. That is common as well as fatigue. I have all 3 symptoms.   I am also having a CA125 (cancer marker for ovarian cancer) I have some of the symptoms, and my aunt on my mom's side died from it. Any way, the pulmonary doc will probably be able to tell me more. It also mentions about rheumatoid arthritis. My joints get real stiff if I stay in one place long. Also have a sore pad in my left palm and sometimes pain in bottom of my feet. Hopefully the doc can get me answers.
Thanks for  sharing!
BLF