nodules in lungs
I recently had a CT of the lung and they found "multiple partially calcified mediastinal lymph nodes.  There are multiple calcified and non-calcified micronodules in both lungs. All lungs are involved. No evidence of pleural effusion."  My pulmonary doctor took some blood and I am scheduled for a lung function test.  She said this is not something to be concerned about but....my father died of lung cancer.  I'm worried that this could be cancer.  It also sounds like it could be sarcoidosis.  Is a needle biopsy the only way to rule out cancer?  The radiologist suggested another CT in 6 months but that seems a long time to let this go.  Any thoughts?
By now, I would hope that you would have seen a thoracic oncologist.  Yes, given the doubling time of lung cancer, if that's what you have, 6 months is too great an interval.  Get a PET scan to see if there is uptake, and, also, know that needle biopsies can miss the cancer, depending where they penetrate.

Try the Lung Cancer Alliance website--it is the most comprehensive and compassionate website for all things lung cancer.
I too have been told that I have multiple nodes.  I was told that having multi nodes is almost always non canceous.  My doctor sent me for a PET scan, which can back negative.  I will have a repeat cat scan done next month(6 months).