non-calcified lung nodules
I am 41 years old non-smoker. During a scan of my left abdomen/colon (which ended up as IBS/constipation symptoms..I've had through) the X-ray revealed an 8mm non-calcified lung nodule in my lower left lobe. Then the doctor order a CT scan of my chest and the scan revealed a 3mm noncalcified nodule in my right lung..(the office that I talked to about the scan said something about it being oblong?..plan to call back for better detail). I live in AZ so they tested me for valley fever and that came back negative. Following the last CT scan they will be referring me to a pulmonary specialist. I am worrying it is lung cancer and I wonder what else (other diseases can noncalcified lung nodules be? (As I worry I start to think of times I may have been exposed to abestos or wonder about 2nd hand smoke other chemicals etc.) Would appreciate any feedback and wonder if other outs there have been diagonesed with the same and what their outcome was. Thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Was the nodule on the right or left side? Lung nodules can occur due to local causes like recurrent lung infections and sometimes due to cancer of the lungs. They can also be seen in systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis and scleroderma. Further evaluation will be based on whether the nodule is changing in size and systemic symptoms. So, a follow up may be mandatory to see for changes in the nodule.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Second-hand smoke is most unlikely to cause cancer. Health insurers, who are in the business of making a profit, do not take it into account when establishing premiums. So all the bruhaha is just that.
Thanks for your reply..it is helpful. I greatly appreciate it any feedback. I'm seeing a pulmonary doctor tomorrow. So hope to learn more.  I have an 8mm lung nodule in my left lower lobe and a 3mm lung nodule in the lateral right upper lobe (according to the ct scan report) Since the ct chest scan and taking medicine for constipation I have dry mouth and feel tightness in the front area of my neck/upper chest...I think from anxiety. ugh. It was shocking news to me. I didn't think I had anything wrong other than my usual IBS syndrome. I was once diagnosed with fibromyalgia when living in the midwest but then the symptoms went away. Glad to be going to the doctor tomorrow. Will post again. A friend of mine told me she has non-calcified nodules from having had valley fever..they tested me for that..but it came back negative. She said it can be negative if it happened in the past..? I do remember being sick last fall, coughing along time and losing my voice from work.  My report also said the lungs are otherwise clear  and there no signs of adenopathy or acute cardiopulmonary process. no mediastinal or hilar adenopathy is suggested. Not quite sure what that all means..tried looking it up. thinking they didn't see infection..ugh wonder if the next step then is checking for cancer? Thanks for this venting board. (I have lil ones so pretending to be calm until the evening hits...and I have too much time to think.)