Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
odor in nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

odor in nose
Immediately after getting a Tetanus vaccination shot I began smelling what I would describe as alcohol or antiseptic when I inhale.  It has been seven days now and no change.
Such phantom odors are not uncommon, in response to a variety of drugs.  The close temporal association of the vaccination and the onset of this symptom suggests a cause and effect relationship, but this must be rare.  mechanism of such phantom odors is not entirely understood   Yours is probably not a serious problem, probably self-limited but this symptom can occasionally be a sign of serious disease, including neurologic disease and for that reason you should discuss this with your doctor and perhaps the two of you may want to request a second opinion from and ENT specialist or  Neurologist.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker