Respiratory Disorders Community
out of breath
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

out of breath

I have had Emphysema for 10years,out of breath when climbing stairs, riding bike uphill,bending over.Quit smoking 10 years age.never really seemed to get any worse .Just this last 6months,I notice riding my bike uphill I really get out of breath more,i get out of breath more climbing stairs.I notice that i have been having a dry cough for the last 3 years,I wheeze through my nose,no chest congestion. My sputum is clear.I sleep good at night no coughing some wheezing through nose.I notice when I go to bed I wheeze for a bit.no chest pain.Runny nose when going out in the cold.Put hot cloth on my nose and it runs.Is  there another condition causing this or my lungs getting that much worse in 6 months?Worries me because i dont want to be on oxygen.I also have had Gerd for 10 years and take Omeprazole 20mg
                             Thanks
                               Dennkp

This discussion is related to shortness of breath.