Respiratory Disorders Community
oxygen level 74 and emphysema

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

oxygen level 74 and emphysema

My question is: My dad is on oxygen all the time now and he has an oxygen level of 74 with the oxygen on. I asked the doctor when we were there to see is there was anything that could be done to raise the level, and he seemed more concerned that I was going to blame him if anything happens to my dad. He really didn't answer. He also has congestive heart failure and is diabetic. He can bearly walk to the door and is out of breath even with the oxygen. I don't think he can even breath with the oxygen off. Also, I was wondering if there is not anything that can be done, what is the life expectancy in a person in this condition. Thank you for you time.