Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
pain in right side of throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

pain in right side of throat

I just had mono for about a month with all the usual heavy symptoms...I had a REALLY bad sore throat and I had to take Pridisone (spelling?) to reduce the swelling...

Anyways all my symptoms of mono are gone now and have been for 2 weeks except for a sore throat. it was sore all over and now the pain has moved to the back right side of my throat. Its a sharp stabbing pain.

I dont have any trouble swallowing, eating or talking but it hurts and its constantly there...I usually take some advil and it goes away for the day.

Now on the same side my wisdom tooth seems to be infected..it hurts like hell and I plan to get it removed. Can an infected wisdom tooth cause a sore throat or can the tooth infection move to the throat?

I used to smoke for 8 years but I quit. I REALLY am scared to hear its some sort of cancer. There is no Blood at all and Like I said I can eat and talk fine, its just an annoying soreness.

It feels like a Kanker Sore in my throat.

Also if I push lightly on my adams apple the middle of my throat is somewhat painful (3 out of 10) but doesnt hurt when I swallow.

My guess is when I swallow my tounge pushed on my sore wisdom tooth causing shooting pain to my throat and ear.

I have no other symptoms except a stuffy nose. When I blow my nose its Neon Green...I read that could be a sign of a sinus infection and this could be nasal drip irritating the throat?

Also there is this bad taste in the back of my throat all the time now.

AHHH sorry if this is long, I just wanted to be detailed.

Thanks in advance
Jeff v.
This pain could be a residual of Mono.  It could also be coming from the infected wisdom tooth.  The first step is to have a good exam of your throat by your doctor and get the infected tooth confirmed and antibiotic therapy started.  The infection could readily account for the bad taste all the time.  The green nasal mucus could be related to a throat infection.  Sounds like you will need antibiotic therapy in any event.
Interesting.. i have sort of the same sympthoms.. All started when I had a horrible pain which i thought i had an infected tooth and needed a root canal.. I went to my dentist and he referred me to an endodontist.. which he thought i had a contracted muscle in my jaw.. he prescribed me some muscle relaxer, and after that, some pain started on my tooth again.. the dentist prescribed me some antibiotics, which i finish them.. and the pain on my tooth went away.. he said it might have been a residue of a small sinus infection that got into a small nerve down to my tooth gland.. so.. it seem it turn out to be some sort of sinus infection at the end.. curiously, this happened to me last year too during allergie season.. right about this time.. but that time i ended up with an uncessary root canal... (i got wiser this time since it happened exactely at the same time of the year).. anyway.. im still going to go to see my doctor.. cuz now the pain seem to have gone down to the right right side of my throat..(where my tooth hurted to begin with.), and if i pushed right besides my adams apple (on the right side) it hurts.. but like zeroflux, i also have a stuffy nose.. In conclusion, im going to go see my doctor on monday and i believe that most likely i still have a lingering infection that the dentist penicillin did not get rid of.. i took 250 milligrams of penicillin for a week. so.. Dont panic Zero.. based on your flem (phlegm) and stuffy nose and all the other stuff you said it seems to me you might need antibiotics.. so.. im sure is not cancer or anything serious.. good luck.. and call your doctor !!!