Respiratory Disorders Community
paralized diaphragm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

paralized diaphragm

I had bypass surgery back in March, and ended up with a paralized diaphragm,both sides. This has emotionally devistated me.The fact that the shortness of breath effects any thing that I do, and no one seems to really no much about this, including the doctors. All they tell me is,it may or not come back on its own. My question is,is there any research going on about this, and does anyone no anyone whos diaphragm has actually come back? I have to tell you this is a very depressing situation that I am in. It is very hard to get your mind on something else, since you have to breath to do anything. Thank you for listening and I hope someone can give me some input.
Tags: diaphragm