Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
perforated septum

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

perforated septum

i've had a perforated septum for about 3 years ( no history of cocaine use) i've had surgery to close the hole, but it was unsuccessful. everything the ent tells me to use ( ocean nasal spray, ponarisis oil) doesn't help i still have alot of pressure and a foul smell in my nose that no one else can smell. what else can i do???
You might want to consider consultation regarding the cause of the perforation and another attempt of closure.  If the cause of the perforation is infectious, including fungi, it might be treatable pharmacologically.  I would recommend that, if you seek consultation, that you do so at an academic medical center where there is an ENT physician with a special interest in these procedures.  There are a number of techniques for closure and one might be more successful than others for your specific type of perforation.