persistent cough and stuffy nose with mucus and phlegm
i have been coughing persistently with stuffy nose (mucus and phlegm) for the last 3 months or so and have been diagnosed with bronchitis and/or asthma. i was aksed to take "Proventil HFA" and aziththromycin 259mg tab.

For how long will i be taking these medicines? Is there an alternative way to cure my ailments?
For the azithromycin(an antibiotic, probably for the inflammation), take the full dose. Your doctor will decide if you need more or a different antibiotic if your symtoms persist or worsen. Keep taking it until you run out, even if your symptoms clear up, because if you stop taking it before the full dose you may develop a resistance to it and have to get on a stronger antibiotic for longer in order to heal. As for Proventil HFA, it's for brochospasms most likely. It's albuterol(a respiratory steriod) and will help strengthen and prevent breakdown of your lungs. If you are diagnosed with asthma you may need to continue taking it (as needed) for bronchospasms. Each case is unique ans this is my simple answer. Your doctor should be able to tell you more if need be. =] Thanks