Respiratory Disorders Community
persistent cough and stuffy nose with mucus and phlegm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

persistent cough and stuffy nose with mucus and phlegm

i have been coughing persistently with stuffy nose (mucus and phlegm) for the last 3 months or so and have been diagnosed with bronchitis and/or asthma. i was aksed to take "Proventil HFA" and aziththromycin 259mg tab.

For how long will i be taking these medicines? Is there an alternative way to cure my ailments?
Related Discussions
For the azithromycin(an antibiotic, probably for the inflammation), take the full dose. Your doctor will decide if you need more or a different antibiotic if your symtoms (symptoms) persist or worsen. Keep taking it until you run out, even if your symptoms clear up, because if you stop taking it before the full dose you may develop a resistance to it and have to get on a stronger antibiotic for longer in order to heal. As for Proventil HFA, it's for brochospasms most likely. It's albuterol(a respiratory steriod) and will help strengthen and prevent breakdown of your lungs. If you are diagnosed with asthma you may need to continue taking it (as needed) for bronchospasms. Each case is unique ans this is my simple answer. Your doctor should be able to tell you more if need be. =] Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...