persistent cough bad phlegm
i've had a cough on and off since september but the past 2 months its been worse and i keep coughing up bad phlegm recently it has been blood stained and i keep being sick when i feel the phlegm rising in my throat.i dont want to go to the doctors incase its just cold symptoms and im wasting his time.what do you think
Any time you have a persistant cough with blood stained phlegm (especially that lasts longer than a few weeks), I think you should go to the doctor. I'd be willing to bet it's either a sinus infection or bronchial infection...either of which would require an antibiotic.
I agree with xmaslady, a cough from a cold does not last very long. You have had this cough since September...much much too long for a viral infection. Please see your doctor for a complete exam, tests and treatment. The cause could be many things to which your doctor will determine. Sunny
see a docter as soon as possible,it could be a undiognosed condition that you are not aware of
its now march and nothings changed doctor says i have throat infection and has now given me keflex 500mg. i have been taking these for only 3 days and already experiencing bad mood swings and funny sensation in my head i feel i'm going do-lally! dont want to go back to doctor as i feel he is fed up with me.should i just put up with this and let it run its course.everyone around me says i make them sick with my boaky cough , i'm becoming a social misfit
Good grief!!! You have been going through this since September...did you see any specialists by any chance? I think it is time to see one, or at least another doc who will give you a fresh opinion as to what may be going on. Maybe an ENT and pulmonologist would be good to see. I also wonder if allergies are going on with since this has been ongoing for so long...they can make you cough and become phlegmy. As far as those odd side effects, they could be from the Keflex...you might need to switch if it is really bothersome. I hope you finally get some answers and soon...this is just too long for anyone to go without any! Sunny