please help
1 year ago i feel asleep in front of airconditioner,i woke up with so much congestion i could not breath.the congestion lasted on and off for 6 months acccompanied by pain under right rib.the congestion is gone but pain persists,it never goes away.i recently went to my doctor and he ran a battery of tests,ct scan,chest x-ray,blood,urine ect.everything came back fine.has anyone had these symptoms,please help im at wits end.
What you are describing sounds very much like pleurisy. I had a serious bout with pleurisy last winter. The pain was in the exact place you are describing....in the right rib area.  Which my doctor informed me, was a very common area for pleurisy. My pain with pleurisy lasted for 3 months. And the pleurisy is very painful. I was miserable. I also had pneumonia and bronchitis, at the time I had the pleurisy. But, the pleurisy was the worse of the three. Maybe you need to ask your doctor, about your symptom being possible pleurisy. It is inflamation. I took ibuprofen and eventually the pleurisy went away. Your doctor maybe able to prescribe you an antiinflamatory.