pleurisy and back pain
I recently have been fighting an upper respitory infection and have been on anti-biotics the past two weeks. Though I am starting to feel better I started to get this sharp pain under my right shoulder blade. It feels like a pinched nerve and is noticeable when taking a deep breath. My other thought is that it might be pleurisy, Any thoughts

Hank

This discussion is related to Sharp Upper Back pain.
For almost three years now I get this pain where my left lung is but in the back not the front...seems to me to be right on top/in around the left lung...idk...my symptoms are ALWAYS exactallly the same..It always comes on from doing something such as...laundry at the laundry mat, grocery shopping, cleaning especially how I tend to clean I go at a room and do it top to bottom...OCD...anyways I think it has something to do with using my arms a lot ex..such as the cleaning, laundry, etc. The pain is always the same though no matter what starts it although it is ALWAYS when i'm active...First there is always even when there is no pain a very DEEP inside itchyness that can drive me insane to the point i've itched and scared my sking on the spot that hurts, now this is always there 65% of the time, now when the pain comes it is dibilitating its a deep inside pain, aches, gets to the point where the ONLY thing that will help it is to stop and lay down...and it still takes ALL night and sometimes into the next day for it to stop where i'm normal again with no pain..sweats almost always soaked head n shirt, and ODDEST of all is the NUMBNESS I always get with this...how can i get such dibilitating pain yet have this odd Numbness all at the same time I've never heard of having pain SO bad yet have NUMBNESS of the skin (to touch) yet deeper in severe pain all at the same time...WIERD right??? Oh, don't let me forget to tell you this my pain for the first 2 years USE to be on the RIGHT side back on top of where the lung would be to all a sudden switching to the LEFT side now for about ONE year to have NEVER to date returning to the RIGHT side where this all originally started....ANY AND ALL ADVICE WILL BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED....SOMEONE OUT THERE MAY SAVE MY LIFE...I'VE ALMOST DIED THREE TIMES...History of lupus of the blood (slang name) - known in medical field as Antiphospholipid Syndrom, (SLE) Lupus, Hydronephrosis of Kidney, Interstitial Cystitis of bladder, Pericarditis of lining of the heart, appendix almost ruptured-removed-to enlarged had to have incision, gall bladder removed, Large colon removed no known reason why colon became diseased turning gangeren from putting off surgery...luckily no bag required then or since, later (approx. 3 yrs) found out I have ulceritis colitis - found from bleeding incident requiring hospitalzation and three to four pints of blood transfused immediately almost passed, blood clot from left knee to mid abdomin was blessed almost died/almost lost left leg...largest blood clot survivor known to date (aprox. 10-12 yrs ago) diag. then w/ lupus and antiphospholipid Syndrom same time...clot damage required three stents some in the illiac and femoral viens, angioplasty in abdomin and green field filter system all placed all pieces of clots removed i live in PA Dr's from California came to operate due to their facination of my case...mostly the length  being largest clot to date then...they saved my life I told them team of three/or two Dr's they told me NO we didn't save your life you shouldn't be here yet you are and doing amazing thank God if anyone...as I do and the Dr's that oprated on me for DAYS and multiple times a day all while awake...just wonderful Doc's...only asked in return for permission to take photos for Dr teaching books and video taped all of it for future teaching I like to think my case may save a life one day and just one saved bc I gave my rights for the future doc's would have all been well worth it...3 herniated discs in L3,4 &5...oh also tonsiles out when in 4th grade, 3 surgeries in 27 months one every 9 months first to remove one ovary w/ cyst on it removed and other ovary scraped and cleaned off (tried saving one 27yrs), second surgery to remove second ovary, third went back told them I had same exact pain told me I was a hypocondriac sent by family doc to another general surgeon who sent me immediately after an ultra sound to have emergency surgery bc prior dr left more than half the ovary they were supposed to have taken out behind which grew a rather large cyst that was ready to rupture new surgeon did 3rd surgery all together ending with total hyterectomy at age 28. Also have Hunner ulcers all over inside bladder due to the interstitial cystitis from not having a lining in the bladder like your supposed to have...surgery in high school 17 r hand pointer and middle finger and L foot big toe joint to remove nodules which were tested and told I have Rhuematoid Arthritis after biopsies of nodules were completed. Hepatitis C...plus side make my own anitbodies which fight the disease and keeps any damage to liver so far under control....I think that is everything....oh in early 20's diagnosed with heart arrythmia w/palipations and rare something where the heart pauses too long and also heart rate goes way up races while I was watching tv showed on a heart monitor study...chronic insominia...diag young with mild to moderate depression which started on the onset of medical problems and also borderline personality disorders....attempted suicides throughout....last time was aprox. 7 years ago and promised family doctor who is my angel that I'd never do such a thing again and would contact him if I ever felt like that again...never have attempted or think of harming myself ever...sometimes I wish god would take me already due to all the above listed medical/health issues...but believe everything i've been through that wishing God would take me is only normal at this stage of my life I am 46 I almost passed away the first time at mid 30's...sadly they had to stop all my blood thinners due to the severe hemorage incident and finding out about the ulceritis colitits which also found at same time was a severe fungal infection from rectum through out stomach up esphogus to mouth and still to this day fighting that dr's worry about my getting esphogal cancers that the fungus can leave wholes in the esphogus then causing cancer...also at same time for some reason they thought I had lymphoma cancer...