pleurisy back pain
I have a lingering pain (about 3 weeks now) in my back. It's on the right side, just below my rib cage and even around on the right side of my rib cage. It really only bothers me when i take a deep breath. I am having an ultrasound and chest x ray Monday. Might this be pleurisy?

Also, I have a very bloated feeling in my upper abdomen and even kind of up under my right ribcage.
Your symptoms do sound very much like pleurisy. I would still have the ultrasound and chest xray to confirm though. I had a very bad case of pleurisy about 18 mths. ago. My pleurisy was located in the upper right rib cage area. Oh my but it was so painful. It took me about 3 mths. to get over it. I even became swollen in that area and it was painful to the touch. And breathing was painful as well. I though have COPD. So, that is possibly why it took me longer to get over pleurisy, etc.

Wishing you the best of luck on your tests Monday. God Bless

Thank you for your reply. It only hurts when i take a deep breath. otherwise I don't really feel anything except that swollen feeling around front sometimes.

The other morning when I got out of bed, I took a deep breath to see if it still hurt and it didn't, but my abdomen was hard and bloated. I went back to bed, and later when i got up again, my abdomen was normal again and the pain had returned to my back. Weird, I thought.

It does make me think that there is fluid shifting around though. I never really get sick, so this very different for me. Thankks again for your reply. god bless. take care.
How high is the risk for cell damage from a gall bladder function test?