pleurisy
i was diagnosed with pleurisy ten days ago. it was on my right side but it seemed to have gone but now i have pain on left hand side now and it is painful to touch under my left arm and down side of my left boob.  also if i take a deep breath it hurts right up into my neck. can this happen
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If there is tenderness when touched, then it could be due to trauma or a superficial infection of the skin. A disorder called fibromyalgia can produce these symptoms (tenderness). Sometimes repetitive injuries or strain can also produce these symptoms. Inflammation of the muscles, joints and surrounding soft tissues like bursa can also cause pain. If the pain is aggravated with work or exercise then it could be due to cardiac pain. But when in doubt always best to have it checked. So please consult your primary care physician who may ask for an EKG or a treadmill test to rule out a cardiac cause for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.