Respiratory Disorders Community
pleurisy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pleurisy

I am going into my 8th wk of pleurisy. My chest and right boob pain is still quite bad with tramadol 4 times a day worse without, unable to move without pain at all. Can't have anti Inflammatory meds incase of a bleed. Have had 7 lots anti biotics, 3 lots of steroid tabs. Steroids puffer twice a day, tramadol pain killers 4 times a day. Operazole 20mg each day. 3 xrays.2 sputum tests and of course loads blood tests. I do have cops but wasn't really noticeable until now. Xrays 1.fluid in lungs. 2. Pleura and fluid. 3. Got worse. Fluid at bottom both lungs again. Said have another dose pleurisy. Q. What do I do Feel really naff and my doc gone on hol for wk. Gave me 2 more weeks anti, finished first starting second so have another 7 days before doc back and I see him. Should I hang on or see someone else? Sorry so long winded. Anyone help ?
Tags: Pleurisy
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the pleuritis cannot be adequately controlled with medications, then surgical therapy is indicated. Once the infection subsides, you can discuss the various options available with your consulting doctor. In the meantime continue with your antibiotics and painkillers.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank