Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
pneumonia 2x in 3 months

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

pneumonia 2x in 3 months
I am a 75 year old male in relatively good health until april of this year I developed upper right lobe pneumonia and now I developed lower left lobe pneumonia.  When I coughed both times there was pink sputum.  Dr. has me on levequin 5 days supply.  What is causing this???
Your having pneumonia, first in one lung and then the other, your having previously been in apparently good health, must be taken seriously, not just with antibiotic therapy but also with attempts made to root out the cause or predisposing cause.  There are many potential causes from unusual infectious disease to recurrent aspiration of stomach contents, to a tumor blocking one or more airways to an alteration in your immune system.  The best person to diagnose the cause, in your case, would be a lung specialist.  You and your doctor should request consultation with a Pulmonologist without further delay to determine and treat the cause, before you develop pneumonia in yet another location in your lungs.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker