Respiratory Disorders Community
pneumonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

pneumonia

I had a ct. scan 3 weeks ago for severe pains in the lung area on my back..It showed pneumonia in the bottom of both lungs.. I took cipiro for 2 weeks...Felt better now Im coughing bad and coughing up yellow phelghm. New xrays showed nothing.Whats going on? And what kind of pneumiona lives in the bottom of the lungs?

This discussion is related to Multiple Lung Nodules, Pneumonia, Sweats, Minor Atelectasis.
If you are coughing up yellow phlegm you have developed a drug resistant infection and need to go back to your physician immediately.

I did new doctor says no more pneumonia maybe bronchitis. Im taking the z.pack. BUt I feel likei still have the pneumonia.I steel feel bad. sweating at night. coughing bad . Help me!!!!
Pneumonia is a very serious lung infection that is caused by several different types of bacteria or viruses.  Since you got well and then got sick again, you may either have a resistant strain, or have picked up a secondary infection.  Yellow phlegm with a clear x-ray sounds like bronchitis.  Either way, you need to see a pulmonary doctor to prescribe a different antibiotic to treat this new infection.  Be sure to get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids.  
THANKS!!! I just cant belive i"ve been sick this long. I wonder is it true once YOU get pneumonia does that mean you"ll get more easily???
Yes, it scars your lungs. I've had it 5 times in my life now (first was around 15 yrs old)... and I've had anti-biotic resistant strain before resulting in hospitalization while pregnant with twins. I took 4 days of the Z-pak and the pneumonia got worse. I ended up hospitalized for a week and lost the babies in 2005. I have it again right now. Just make sure you listen to your body. My current doc told me I had Bronchitis. The day after seeing him I couldn't catch my breath, couldn't stop coughing and my chest hurt so bad, I went in to the ER. After a breathing treatment, steroid, Strong IV anti-biotic, blood work and a Cat Scan the Docs said it was pneumonia. They wanted to keep me but I have 4 kids at home to care for so they sent me home with a steroid, inhaler and cough meds and told me to finish the z-pak. I finished the z-pak about a week ago and still don't feel better.