Respiratory Disorders Community
poison oak/ivy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

poison oak/ivy

My husband and I cut up a fallen tree two days ago on some acreage we bought.  About an hour after we left I was sneezing, blowing my nose, etc.  I figured I was just allergic to something in the air and blew it off.  Now two days later I am breaking out from a poison oak rash and although I'm not sneezing and blowing my nose any longer, I have a deep chest cough with a small amout of phlem..  Now I'm wondering if the poison oak could be in my lungs, even though we didn't burn any of the wood.

Is Prednazone (sp) the only way to treat poison oak?  I refused to take it the last time I got it because it makes me gain so much weight.  

Thanks so much for your help.

This discussion is related to Respiratory effects of breathing poison ivy particulate.