post nasal drip
In Nov. 2007 contracted a virus that lead into laryngitis and then bronchitis.  The MD told me that I had contracted a highly contagious virus that began in the stomach(people think they have bad allergies and the 1st day I did sneeze a lot)( MD said the virus had a 21 day duration)(Santa Fe, NM location) the virus goes up the throat and lungs,usually aggravating and non threatning- however, I couldnt talk and it landed in my lungs and hit me hard.  The MD gave me antibiotic, it took about 2 weeks for the green to leave and I returned back to work.  I still had a cough and occassionally spit up alittle green- went back to the MD in 1st part of Dec.2007 and told him I still have a cough-He told me I contracted the virus again! I told myself no and the cough lasted Dec and finally subsided to
a morning cough.  My husband contracted it from me, but he recovered quickly.  On Dec.31,2007
my husband contracted a head cold- runney nose,sneezing,ect.-  you probably can tell we work w/ the public. I didnt get this cold as bad as he did- however, I did get the post nasal drip, I still have post nasal drip that is driving me crazy(3wks), clearing of throat, coughing in the morning,hoareness, on veramyst for 1 week(from another Doctor), slowly noticing difference.  Could this have resulted from my 1st virus that started in my throat?( my history is also bad allergies and reactive lungs (slight asthma), the
new Doctor gave me Advair only to use if I get a cold instead of antibiotics.  This post nasal drip is so frustrating and I'm wondering if the Veramyst will treat it?